When Mount Rinjani Open 2023 Season?
On April 1, 2023, Mount Rinjani located on the island of Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara officially opened for trekking and hiking. This opening is good news for mountain climbers who have been waiting for the opportunity to conquer the summit of Rinjani. Since its closure on January 1, 2023, climbers who want to conquer this mountain have had to wait for 3 months before they can start their climb.
Climber on the First Day of Climbing Reach Hundreds
The Head of the Rinjani National Park, Dedy Asriady, said that the number of climbers who started climbing on April 1-2 rinjani trekking 2023 reached 197 people. Of that number, 173 were foreign climbers and 24 were local climbers. Foreign climbers come from various countries such as China, Italy, England, France, and local guests.
Dedy also revealed that the most popular climbing routes for climbers are the Senaru and Sembalun routes. Both routes have become favorites of climbers, both local and foreign.
One of the Rinjani Mountain porters from Senaru Village, Salam, said that at the beginning of this climb, many foreign guests had been accompanied by him. He has accompanied 13 guests from various countries, including China and Italy. In addition, local guests also participated in this climb.
Salam admitted that he was very surprised by the number of climbers who started climbing in early April. He never expected that at the beginning of the climb it would be as busy as it is now. He said that usually guests will come in large numbers if it’s already a week after the opening.
The Weather around Mount Rinjani is still rainy
Although this climb was hit by quite bad weather, Salam revealed that there was no storm that hindered the climbers’ journey. In addition, Salam also mentioned that during the climb, guests will stay for 3 days and 2 nights with a journey to the summit, then rest at Lake Segara Anak, and return through the Torean route.
On this occasion, Salam also stated that Mount Rinjani is now clean and tidy. This shows that climbers have maintained cleanliness and environmental preservation during their climb.
With the reopening of Mount Rinjani for climbing, it is hoped that climbers can enjoy the beauty of nature and maintain the surrounding environment. Climbers are also expected to comply with the rules that have been established for safety and comfort during the climb
Several Rules of Climb Mount Rinjani Trekking 2023
To be able to climb Mount Rinjani, there are several rules that must be followed by the climbers. Here are some rules that must be taken into account before climbing Mount Rinjani:
- Bring a climbing permit (SIP) Every climber must have a climbing permit issued by the Mount Rinjani National Park. This climbing permit is required as proof that the climber has registered and paid the climbing fee in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Use official guide and porter services Climbing Mount Rinjani can only be done by using official guide and porter services registered with the Mount Rinjani National Park. This is done to ensure safety and comfort during the climb.
- Maintain cleanliness and preservation of nature Every climber must maintain cleanliness and preservation of nature during the climb. It is prohibited to litter, damage plants or animals, or take actions that can harm nature.
- Ensure the safety of oneself and others Climbers must also ensure their own safety and the safety of others during the climb. It is recommended to comply with applicable rules, follow the guide’s instructions, and not engage in actions that could endanger oneself or others.
- Pay attention to physical condition and health Before climbing, climbers must pay attention to their physical condition and health. If they have certain medical conditions, it is advisable to consult a doctor before climbing.
- Do not bring prohibited items It is prohibited to bring prohibited items such as sharp weapons, drugs, alcoholic beverages, and other illegal items.
- Maintain order and safety Climbers must also maintain order and safety during the climb. It is prohibited to engage in actions that could disturb order and safety, such as engaging in criminal activities or damaging climbing facilities.
By adhering to the rules above, it is hoped that climbers can enjoy climbing Mount Rinjani safely, comfortably, and responsibly